Kathryn Mayorga, 34, of Las Vegas, accused Ronaldo, in a 32-page complaint filed last month with a district court in Nevada, of raping her on Jun 13, 2009.
Drohobyczer said Mayorga, now 34, became anxious her name would become public after a 2017 media report apparently referred to the June 2009 incident at the Palms Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
Just a few hours after the suit was filed, Ronaldo also appeared in an Instagram video denying the allegations.
In his first direct denial of the accusations, he said: "I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me".
"Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in". The Juventus forward's representative said that he would take legal action against the magazine.
Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has "firmly" denied raping a woman in a United States hotel room nearly a decade ago.
The lawsuit said Mayorga reported the alleged assault to police the same day and was examined at a local hospital.
He then pulled her into a bedroom and raped her as she screamed "no, no, no", the lawsuit said. It's part of the job.
Ronaldo is a five-time victor of FIFA's men's player of the year award.
Lawyers representing Ms Mayorga will hold a media conference in Las Vegas late on Wednesday night to go into detail about the allegation.
Her lawyers are now seeking to declare the non-disclosure agreement void. The Portuguese star is a five-time victor of the Ballon d'Or, which is the award given to the top soccer player in the world. "I am a happy man and all good".
Kathryn Mayorga claims the former Real Madrid star attacked attacked her at a Sin City hotel after meeting her at a nightclub. according to the Sun.
Las Vegas police confirmed they had investigated a complaint in June 2009, but added they had no suspect in the case. He now plays for the Italian club Juventus.