"I am aware of the reports, they are deeply disturbing ... the location of Mr Khashoggi's body is just one of the questions we need answers to and as such we await the full results of the Turkish investigation", a spokesperson for Ms May said. Somebody really messed up.
Erdogan, who has his own history of targeting dissidents, demanded that the 18 suspects that Saudi Arabia has said it is holding be tried in Istanbul.
After denying knowledge of Khashoggi's whereabouts for two weeks, Saudi Arabia on Saturday said he was killed during a fight inside its Istanbul consulate.
Trump had previously suggested that the Saudi explanation for Khashoggi's death was credible.
While Mr Trump has ramped up his criticisms of Saudi officials, he has also highlighted the kingdom's importance as a United States ally.
Despite those changes in the Saudis' story, the Trump administration has consistently defended the US relationship with Saudi Arabia as a "strong partnership" based on "shared strategic interests", as Pompeo said.
Erdogan said: "It is clear that there was a premeditated roadmap and some of the staff of the consulate hurried back into their country afterwards".
Trump also called the events after Khashoggi's death one of the "worst cover-ups".Читайте также: Finn Jones Shares Poignant Photo In The Wake Of Luke Cage’s Cancellation
The State Department will hold those individuals accountable by revoking their visas or making the ineligible to obtain a visa to enter the U.S., Pompeo said. "Neither the president nor I am happy with this situation".
Central Intelligence Agency director Gina Haspel has been sent to Turkey to review the matter.
"Why was the 15-man Saudi team in Istanbul on the day of the murder?" he asked.
"Covering up a savage murder like this will only hurt the human conscience".
Erdogan told Turkish lawmakers that "Saudi Arabia has taken an important step by admitting the murder. We don't know where the body is", Jubeir said.
"He was pretty rough on Saudi Arabia, I would say".
"All of this is contingent on a real investigation that digs into the facts", he said.
"The first thing they did was remove the hard disk and camera of the consulate", Mr Erdogan said.
Erdoğan spoke of the "sincerity" of Saudi Arabia's King Salman in the investigation so far but made no mention of his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who, it is believed, was probably aware of and possibly even ordered the silencing of his prominent critic.
He said taking the young crown prince out of the line of succession would be in the Saudis' interest. "Who did these people get their orders from to go (to Turkey)?"При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог