New Zealand mosque gunman was Australian right-wing terrorist: Australia PM

Adjust Comment Print

Morrison said Australians were shocked, appalled and outraged by the attack. The terror attack had been live-streamed on Facebook and uploaded onto social media sites where it was widely shared before being taken down. Seven of the dead were inside the suburban Linwood Masjid Mosque and three died outside the same mosque.

"Please do not try and come and collect your children until police say it is safe for people to come into the central city", they said.

She called the shooting a "terrorist attack".

None of the four who were arrested had been on a national security watch list, Bush said, adding they were not known to Australian authorities either.

"While we do not have any reason to believe at this stage that there are any other suspect, we are not assuming that at this stage".

Pakistani traders protested to condemn the New Zealand mosque shooting, in Islamabad, Pakistan on Friday. Police said that armed officers were attending a number of scenes. They gave no details. Facebook New Zealand spokesman Mia Garlick later confirmed it was removed and posts praising or supporting the crimes were also deleted.

Len Peneha, who lives next door to the latter, told the Associated Press he saw a man dressed in black enter the mosque at about 1.45pm.

"I did not see it", Trump responded.

"Horrified to hear of Christchurch mosque shootings. I just don't understand it".

Witnesses claim the gunman was wearing a military style jacket and carrying an assault weapon.

While many questions remain to be answered about this horrific act of violence, the only thing that's clear is that the shooter was mentally disturbed.

"Entire team got saved from active shooters!"

Mosques across the West Bank and Gaza Strip remembered those targeted in the mass shootings at two mosques in the city of Christchurch, holding absentee funeral prayers in their memory. The singer bellows, "I am the god of hellfire!" and the gunman drives away.

One man, Robert Weatherhead, told Newstalk that he took in people who escaped from the Al Noor mosque. "They have no place in New Zealand".

Mr Nichols said he saw two injured people being carried out on stretchers past his automotive shop and that both people appeared to be alive.

One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun. He also had more assault weapons in the trunk of his auto, along with what appeared to be improvised explosives.

"Many of those who will have been directly affected by the shooting may be migrants to New Zealand". The alleged perpetrator described Muslim immigrants in New Zealand as "invaders" on "foreign lands". More than 20 others were seriously injured, she added.