So here you are, in your twenties or your thirties and you should be well on your way to success right? Well then, why is it you’re working in a dead end job? Why are you left feeling unfulfilled at the end of your day? Why is it, no matter how hard you feel you’ve tried nothing is working for you? Why are you still sitting idle and wondering why nothing in your life is changing? Here’s a tip: Inaction will NOT fix your life, I promise!
Let me guess, you constantly procrastinate the easy fixes to your life. You’ve said, “Tomorrow I’ll look for a better job. Tomorrow will be my day to do the work I need to do to fix the problems in my life.” And tomorrow will come and go and you will find yourself in the same dead end job, the same room in your parents house complaining about the same unanswered questions and the same easy fixes still not made. Still not going anywhere.
Why would someone feel sorry for anyone who has yet to take any initiative that will fix their life? You are stuck in this place because your mindset hasn’t changed. You make the same bad decisions each day, yet you’re expecting change? I’m sorry, but that’s not how it works. The universe has a reward of abundance for each of us, but it only rewards those of us that help themselves. You have to change your habits, your choices, and your mindset in order for anything to change.
Motivation. One word holds the key to your unfulfilled life. Action MUST be taken by you in order for the universe to grace your life with anything good. Taking a phrase from Alcoholics Anonymous, you must take a fearless moral inventory of your life and get rid of that which does not serve your best interests any longer. Is it scary? Yes. Is it hard? Absolutely, but the best and most useful things in life are. We have a choice in this life: Move forward and grow, or sit idle and stagnate. If you’re not moving forward and have stagnated then you are busy failing, decaying. Sounds like an easy fix right? It is, all you have to do is own your life. Own your missteps, own your flaws and work tirelessly and daily to correct them.
Stop sitting still waiting for some mysterious angel to fix your fuck ups. It will never happen. That shadowy figure of your fantasies does not exist. You are capable of anything and everything you want from life and deserve it. IF- and only if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get into taking control of your life. Here’s a list of 5 things you need to do to unfuck your life.
5 Simple Ways to Fix Your Stagnate Life
- Introspection: Figure out what it is you want from this life. What is it that moves and inspires you? What do you want to achieve in this life? What are you willing to accept and not accept? What is it that makes you most happy and how do you obtain it?
- Planning: Once you’ve ascertained what it is you want in life, what will it take for you to reach the goals you set for yourself? Does this new goal require schooling to reach it? Is it something you can accomplish yourself? What is it you need to change to reach your goals and how do you set about to do so? Can you do it alone, or do you need help? What actions must you make to move towards your goals every day? What habits do you need to eliminate and/or cultivate to be able to reach those goals?
- Ownership: No one wants to listen to why your life sucks. No one wants to hear a list of excuses or reasons why you could have done something. Could haves and should haves have no place in anyone’s life, and they’re boring. No one cares about the mistakes you’ve made unless you are working to or have overcome them and grown as a result. Your life is your own to live, but if you’re not working to improve your life you’ve got no excuse nor right to cry about the state you’re in.
- Action: What steps can you take today to begin? Get to it! Start today. Not tomorrow. Today is the perfect day to begin your transformation from failure to success. If you make one big step towards your goal each day, you will get there I assure you. However, sitting still will not. No one has ever won a race without taking the first step. So get off your ass, get into the race. You’ll never accomplish your dreams by dreaming about them.
- Constant Advancement: You can learn a skill and advance your station in life. But the trick is you have to keep learning and growing in order to keep up with the life you wish to live. Keeping up with the Jones’ is not viable. But rather, One makes more money for whatever reason, reason dictates their quality of life increases. But at some rate, they run short again and must, in turn, upgrade their income. The cycle continues upwards. But in order to make more, you must grow. This is true in every facet of life whether mentally, financially, spiritually, etc. If you’re not growing, you are in fact decaying.
I recently spoke with someone who seems to have the worst time grasping the reality that in order for something to change in your life, one needs to be proactive in their approach to their life. Sounds logical right? Well, for starters- Who ever said life was supposed to be fair? I assure you, it is not.
Not only is life unfair, but it takes real action to get anywhere in it. So sitting back idly complaining how you can’t get ahead in your minimum wage job that you hate, and how nothing good ever happens to you is going to get you no where-EVER! You have to take steps to improve upon your station in life. No one is going to do it for you. If you need assistance there are proactive ways to pad your chances. Social services, private sector assistance and job training programs are out there. But again, YOU have to take the initiative to find them. They will not look for you.
YOU must take action today if you wish your life to change tomorrow. No one can or will do it for you. Furthermore to whine how everyone else seems to get by without an effort is nothing more than a refusal to take accountability of your own life. Just because Tommy caught a lucky break does not ensure that you will as well. I promise you that doing the bare minimum will always get you the bare minimum. The only secret to bettering your life is to better yourself. Anything short of this will only get you more of the same. So get out there and apply yourself. The only person you have to blame otherwise is yourself. So what’s it going to be? Effort? Or Excuse?